Proposal request for ideas on naming Fedora releases.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:03:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Emilio Lopez <emiliollbb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>I love the idea of using scientists, explorers, writers (not just
>>sci-fi), artists...anything really that pushes the boundaries of the
>>human experience...and not just people, Leonidas was a (or several
>>really) ship too.
>
>>Also, I would have to say that so far my favourite Fedora artwork is
>>from Verne ;-)
>
> I fully agree with that. I was thinking in this exactly naming scheme
> Scientists, explorers, writers, artists...
> I would like to have a Fedora Newton or a Fedora Dali.

You can submit such names and campaign for them now. If the naming
scheme ends up restricted to some smaller class these names or other
brilliant names may fall outside the allowable naming scheme. Aside
from the fun factor this is one reason I like a very broad definition
of allowable names even if the is-a relationship is changed to
something else.

I also think both of those suggestions would make great themes and
having the themes change adds a lot of excitement to our releases
(also a lot of frustration sometimes I know).

John