Thoughts on the future of FUDCon/DoCon

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Fri Jul 27 18:55:34 UTC 2012

> * Much of this was around the idea of gathering people together at a time
> where we can actually *plan.* Seriously plan, and have the ability to
> participate in multiple sessions of planning - many folks participate in
> multiple groups.

In my mind this is the difference, and where the value is in this
proposal. FUDcons are no longer really the place people plan for the
future of Fedora. There's onsite hacking, showing off what has been
done, etc, but precious little planning for the next release or two.

So how is that different from a FAD? In many way it isn't - but
hopefully DOcon would be a bit more a holistic in its planning view,
rather than $small_sig gets together and decides what they are going
to work and proceeds in isolation towards that goal.

--David