[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 08:34:12 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, inode0 wrote:
>
> >> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Introduction See the
> >> second
> >> paragraph.
> >
> > Despite what that executive summary says it is the FPL who appoints
> > members, not Red Hat. See the APPOINTED SEATS sections here.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning
>
> The language on the SuccessionPlanning page *absolutely* overrides
> the
> language on the Board#Introduction page.  The SuccessionPlanning
> language is more precise, defines terms, etc.  I remember writing it.
> :)

It's a good idea to "update" the language of Board#Introduction by
this succession planning page. I wasn't aware of this one and probably
nobody during our "governance" discussion.

It will reflect current situation more precisely, I would even say -
"FPL appoints 4 members after consultation with the Board". Yes, there's
relation to Red Hat through FPL but this makes clear how it really works :)

R.