A new goal for me as a board member

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:38:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

while we talked about my personal goals as a board member in yesterday's
meeting, I completely forgot to tell you about a new goal I set myself
recently: Have 3 upstream developers join Fedora to co-maintain their
packages.

Simple, eh? Yet it can change Fedora for the better AND make your live
easier. It also helps upstream: They can use our infrastructure, they
have access to bug reports and can publish updates easily. Clear win-win
situation and it was not hard to convince the first upstream developer
of three of my packages.

More to come and I'd like encourage other board and FESCo members and
packagers in general to do the same. Note that there is a soft path for
becoming co-maintainer outlined at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Become_a_co-maintainer

Kind regards,
Christoph