Fedora Board Meeting Minutes :: 2012-03-14

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 13:56:56 UTC 2012

Fedora Board Meeting Minutes :: 2012-03-14

When: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 @ 18:30 UTC
Where: Phone Meeting

Attending:
* Peter Robinson
* Robyn Bergeron
* Rudi Landmann
* David Nalley
* Guillermo Gomez
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Christoph Wickert
* Rex Dieter
* Jon Stanley

Regrets:
* Toshio Kuratomi

Today's lucky secretary: Guillermo Gomez

Today's goal reporting folks: Christoph Wickert and Jon Stanley

=======================================

Agenda:

* Announcements
* Goal reporting, Christoph and Jon (moving this to the front so we
actually get to it)
* Updates on trademark stuff
* Tickets:
** 84: Annual User Survey: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/84
** 102: Fedora QA as a sub-project:
https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/102
* Open Floor

=======================================

Minutes:
* Announcements
** fudcon bidding na is ongoing
** fudcon emea final decision next week from famsco

* board member goals:
** stanley , not ready, deferred.
** christoph:
*** 1st goal groupware: progress, but still need decision making with infra
*** 2nd goal fedora council no progress so far
*** 3rd goal procedures common elections guidelines, good progress
*** kital meet to discuss budget issues, credit card holders, reimbursements
*** fad with credit card holders?
*** quite a lot of work to do in all those goals.

* Updates on trademark
robyn/spot not able to connect thus far this week, no concrete updates.

* Tickets:
** 84: Annual User Survey: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/84
**`stanley still interested but limited on resources to make it move
** Jon Stanley to work w/Jon Masters (original requestor?) to gather and
plan actions and better define terms and questions to answers on objectives
** define target of the survey?
*** contributors vs non-contributors
*** general population
*** target defines the survey
** will take time just to define the purpose of the survey
** probably we need a group interested in
** Does the board has a particular interested on running a particular
survey?

** 102: Fedora QA as a sub-project
** We need a general mission statement from QA
** Whos leading the project?
** QA needs to be blessed first as a subproject
** Robyn will talk to AdamW and/or Tim to clarify
** Final decision - Board is willing to approve, we just request final
documentation, final kick, and Robyn will take care of announcement