It is time for another episode of: NAME THAT FEDORA RELEASE

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:17:10 UTC 2012

On 23 March 2012 10:12, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 March 2012 10:03, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>

>> Also, please make the "is-a" linkage as narrow as you can.  For
>> instance, I put down a lot of suggested links like "Beefy Miracle is a
>> food and Potato Chips are also a food"  If you can narrow down the
>> food category like: "Beefy Miracle is a food served at summer
>> barbeques and so are Potato Chips" that is better.  Why?  Because it
>> will leave open more ways to form "is-a" links for future Fedora Code
>> names.
>
> That sounds good.. the naming reasons for Beefy Miracle in 17 were
> extremely "lax" in that regard. I would honestly like to ask the
> following:
>
> 1) Stop the naming cycle.
> 2) Reset the naming cycle and rules.

On resetting the naming cycle and rules.. while we could maintain a
"is a/ also a" rule, would it help trademark approval if we went to a
2 or 3 word name cycle. Many of the one word names have problems
because they will be used somewhere else. Adding a "adverb verb" or
"adjective noun" or a "adverb adjective noun" would make it easier to
delineate and move names through.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd