The Future of release names

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:04:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 12:19 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Christoph Wickert

>>>      * A starting point for the artwork.
>>

>> Except when it isn't, like with F17 (and probably F18).
>

> It is my understanding that the F17 artwork was indeed inspired by the name

That's... a stretch.  If you aren't familiar with beefymiracle.org and
have never seen the site before, you would be hard pressed to honestly
admit that you see the artwork inspiration from the _name_ "Beefy
Miracle".

I believe the F17 artwork was essentially a last ditch effort to adhere
to something that really wasn't themable aside from slapping a giant
hot dog on the screen.  It wound up being rather tasteful (no pun
intended) and well done, but "inspired" would be pushing it.

josh