Subdomain request: fudcon.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 11 15:02:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 21:54:33 +0800
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> There used to be RPM for Fedora, but it was orphaned, and for EPEL,
> its outdated.
>
> However,  the best method (and also the recommended method by the
> Plone community) of deployment of Plone is using Buildout
> (http://www.buildout.org/) , which is a deployment tool which
> automatically pulls python eggs from pypi , and install them into a
> self-contained directory, avoiding conflicts with system's python
> site-package, and also allowing easy updates to latest versions
> without being restricted to distribution packages.
>
> I'm not sure how well this will go with the infra team ..

Not too well off hand. ;)

We like everything to be managed by our package management system.

It's possible we could be talked into a setup like above, but it would
require at least the rest of the request for resources process and some
convincing. The thing we 100% wish to avoid with any of these solutions
is "hey, here's this solution" and then people wandering off and
leaving US to maintain something long term without help or expertise.

Any solution should be long term maintainable.

kevin