Guidelines for the sites on fedoracommunity.org

robyduck at fedoraonline.it robyduck at fedoraonline.it
Thu May 24 09:53:05 UTC 2012

Hello,
I see that there are some local communities who want to be included to
the same local fedoracommunity.org subdomain, such as Indonesia and
now Italy.
I'm directly involved in that issue, as webmaster of fedoraonline.it,
the actual it.fedoracommunity.org and greatest italian community. I
think this could be a problem in the future too, so why not discuss
about some guidelines which helps the local communities but also the
website team to define clearly the state of a community?
I'm thinking about a solution like the Ubuntu communities:
obviously, everyone can create a new local community, but only one
community rappresent the single State. I remember there are regular
"tests", which verify the activity of the local community and if the
site is just online. If the test fails another local community site
has the right to take the place of the precedent one.

Sharing resources is more efficient than spreading users I think, so
it should be obvious that the goal of the fedoracommunity site is to
give the end user a clearly identified local community.

I'm open to be an active part in finding new guidelines, if you want.

Cheers
Robert Mayr
robyduck