Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 13:53:47 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 12:47 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 05/22/2013 05:51 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Anyway I want to know exactly why the board *chose* those individuals to
>> serve on behalf of the community
>
> Simple answer:  the board considered them as good candidates to do the
> job.

I'm not looking a for a simple answer I'm looking for the reason why the
board chose them over all the other contributors in the project.

> > which arguably should be selected by the community...
>
> When proposing the CWG charter, we purposely choose to make it
> appointment only.  The logic being that we wanted the best candidates,
> not necessarily only those who would win a popularity contest (by
> election).

How is that different from the board picking it's own favorite and
apparently not being able to fully back up with reason why they
considered those individuals more suited than others to fulfill cwg roles.

JBG