Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed May 22 14:18:20 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 08:53 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/22/2013 12:47 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> On 05/22/2013 05:51 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway I want to know exactly why the board *chose* those individuals to
>>> serve on behalf of the community
>>
>> Simple answer:  the board considered them as good candidates to do the
>> job.

> I'm not looking a for a simple answer I'm looking for the reason why the
> board chose them over all the other contributors in the project.

OK, a slightly longer version: (way back) when the CWG was chartered, I
put out a call for interested parties to contact me(1), as well as
reached out to some candidates I thought would be good for the job.  The
board considered all interested candidates, and choose those best suited
for the job.

That's the best answer I can come up with.  Sorry in advance if it
doesn't satisfy you.

-- rex

(1) citation needed, I suck, it's been awhile, and I couldn't find any
directly relevant links.  It *may* have been a post to the now-defunct
and short-lived fedora blog, not sure.