Unofficial Fedora Remix being advertised on the project front page

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 18 15:41:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to add inputs from the
Websites team

> >>I noticed that unofficial Fedora remix called Pidora was being
> >>advertised on the projects homepage.
> >What do you mean by "unofficial"? There's no set of official remixes.
>
> Some people refered to [1] as being remixes since they deviate from
> the default one.

No they are not remixes. Spins are built by the Fedora Project build
instance (bodhi/koji) and maintained by the community.

Yes Pidora is an external project, but working closely with the Fedora
Project. The ARM team even recommend using Pidora for the RaspberryPi
board (please correct me if I am wrong).
The Pidora Trademark is owned by Red Hat.
The Pidora Project seems to respect our values.
Why should The Fedora Project hide the work done outside our community?

We added Pidora as ARM as a primary arch is really knew and we wanted to
promote are better.

As a side note, let me tel you that in help.fpo we (still?) linked people
to the fedoraforum.org website, which is not mainained by the Fedora
Project and is even using restricted software.

If we need to take action, please open a ticket to the websites team Trac.
Also, this slide will change at F20 release time.

> 1.  http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

Regards,

--
Kévin Raymond