Board elections: Two nominations for two open seats.

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:31:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

the nomination period for the F21 elections is over and according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_nominations we currently only have
two nominations for two open seats in the board.

I think this renders the elections pretty much useless, it should be ok
according to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_succession_planning

> INSUFFICIENT NOMINATIONS: If there are fewer nominees for elected
> Board seats than required to fill all seats, then the FPL will appoint
> individuals to fill any empty seats for a full term. At the expiry of
> the term, the seats in question revert to elected seats.

Please advise if we simply go with two candidates or if I should reopen
the nomination period and call for more. And if I reopen it, should I
reopen it for all bodies all or just the Board? All others have
sufficient candidates (FESCO has 6 candidates for 4 seats, FAmSCo has 4
for 3 seats).

For more info, please refer to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

Best regards,
Christoph