Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 19:36:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 20:23 +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> Really?  Doesn't it mean that the app installer in a freshly installed
> system can't offer any of the proprietary applications without manual
> configuration?
>     Mirek

Yeah, that defeats the goal of the proposal.

We can't do anything in the app installer without having some data to
display. And if you say we have to make the user manually download that
data and configure the app installer to use it, we can just as well say:
'its out there somewhere, good luck finding it!'