Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 19:46:16 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Well since we are saying that the 3rd parties are 100% responsible for supporting
their own users, it would be a bit silly to try to impose our packaging rules on them.

We can't have it both ways here, both putting up big warning signs saying that this is unsupported
3rd party software and at the same time try to tell for instance Google how they build and package their
software.

Christian