Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 20:42:37 UTC 2014

What I forgot to mention in my other email was that I did in fact file a bug report and the pdf issue is now fixed upstream. And once she had a chance
to test the fix my mom is eager to switch back to Evince since it is better integrated with the desktop.

And the important part here is that we will still defaulting to Nouveau, so unless Nouveau falls short people are not
going to install the non-free driver. But we can not tell a user: Hey don't worry if Nouveau doesn't contain the features you need yet,
you just need to hang in there for a couple of more years and things should be fine!

Christian