Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 21:09:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 03:53:41PM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> In the end the main question for me is if we are prepared to trust the working groups to make the products they have been tasked with making,
> or are we going to second guess them every step of the way?

Note -- this is a different question that has come to FESCo as well:

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1195

The answer there is that there will probably always be a degree of oversight
from FESCo over the Working Groups.  In the short term, this oversight will
be much more intrusive and "get in the way" of what the working groups want
to do.  As time goes on and decisions about what FESCo would like the
working groups to do independently of FESCo become more apparent there will
be less of these cases because FESCo and the Working Groups will have
sufficient cases to be more sure of the decision making boundaries.

-Toshio