Fedora Board IRC Meeting

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 18:50:48 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:

>  2a) Do Fedora's foundations allow for any ease of use around non-free
>  software?
>
>  We seem to have several people that think they don't, yet we have wiki
>  pages explicitly describing how to install non-free software (
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash). We also have a page that points to
>  3rd party repositories that contain a wide variety of software of both
>  free and non-free nature (
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Third_party_repositories), which has been
>  approved yet seems at odds.

IMO, this is a deflection and fails to recognize the difference of
describing something in the wiki vs providing the software much more
directly.  If a couple of pages in the wiki is being brought up some kind
of major counter point,  I will be happy to redirect the wiki pages to
dozens of questions and answers that are similarly asked and answered
regularly in Ask Fedora.  Ask Fedora is a user community forum and hence I
suppose have less of an endorsement value compared to the wiki but would
serve the same purpose as informing the users without having this side
discussion occupy the board time.

Rahul