Fedora Board IRC Meeting

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:28:36 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Josh Boyer  wrote:

> Put another way, if we're going to make concessions and tell people
> how to get said software in our documentation, why would we not make
> those same concessions, with the same messaging, in our software where
> legally possible?

I understand it but a couple of wiki pages don't serve that case very
well.   I could setup a redirect now in a couple of minutes and the
argument is lost.  If you want to argue that point, the MUCH better example
is proprietary firmware.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines?rd=Packaging/LicensingGuidelines#Binary_Firmware

We clearly have made a concession there and you could argue that we are
extending that concession to cover more types of non-free software.   I
don't necessarily agree but atleast it is a relatively strong argument
compared to some random wiki pages.

Rahul