Fedora Board IRC Meeting

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 20:14:48 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Matthew Miller  wrote:

> I don't know -- isn't "our user community is asking for it" a reasonable
> thing to take into consideration? (Certainly not the only factor, but I
> think that it is a strong argument *in general*.)

We do that take into consideration but we haven't shipped non-free directly
or found ways to provide it to them via our software application just
because the users have asked for it and they did ask for it repeatedly over
a decade and many of them are redistributable or we could have negotiated a
licensing agreement.  What changed now?  Or, if we go the other end of it,
why aren't we shipping it directly?

Rahul