[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Atfedoraproject.org fro Ambassadors

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoranews.org
Mon Nov 21 17:17:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:45:19  0100, Hornain Frederic wrote
> Dear *,
>
> Well, I have started my pilgrim mission. Gosh, it was not so obvious!
>
> Indeed, last saturday I went to a french engineering school where I talked to
> the principal about fedora and the fact to do in a first time a fedora project
> presentation to students.
>
> He was very enthousiast to do it and told me that teachers could also be
> really interested.
>
> During our conversation, he gave me his visit card and I was a little bit
> embarassed to give him mine cause I haven't got any fedora project vist card
> on me. - Could the fedora project provide us visit cards or could we print one
> based on a standard available on the fedora project web site ?  -
>
> So he asked me where I can be reach at the fedora project. Then I had to give
> him the email address coming from my company. He was a little bit confused
> cause he did not understood why I gave him an e-mail address having no
> relationship with the subject of our conversation. Ok, I can admit that this
> kind of situation permit to explain deeper the base of Open source and how the
> community works.
>
> However, it was not so obvious to be convincing when you are in face of
> peolple who they know nothing about open source. So, little details can be
> really helpful.
>
> Well, we talked more than hour.
>
> In addition, he asked me some questions which I had some difficulties to
> answer. For instance :
>
> - how is structured the fedora project organization - in term of
> organizational tree - ?
>
> - Does it exist a program of partnership between schools and fedora?
>
> - Can they use the reference "fedora project" in there school's presentation
> brochure if they are interacting with the fedora community ?
>
> - and so on and so for ...
>
> Anyway, we have planned to do a presentation of fedora -overview- to students
> as soon as I would have done my presentation slides and an offcial have
> commited them.
>
> Thank you in advance if you can give the answers to the previous question.
>
> BTW, if you have any remarks, feel free to contact me.
>
> Best Regards
> Fred

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I feel the pain for you.

As you know, we are still in transition period as far as new official logo guideline
concern.

Please be patience a little longer as Greg is working on with his counsel.

I would suggest to make a list of questions you could not answer and discuss them during
our next scheduled meeting.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings

Thomas Chung
FedoraNEWS.ORG (http://fedoranews.org)
"..where you can free your knowledge for your free community!"