[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Local repository

Rodrigo Menezes rodrigomenezes12 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 27 12:01:09 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I have something in mind here. I want to create a repository in Brazil only with packages created here in Portuguese_BR.

The main idea is to have a centralized webpage with information and softwares created in Brazil for Fedora Users (always .rpm files) for home users and companies. This way companies can find softwares needed for them to be used at home and in companies.

In this last event we heard a lot of complaning because the users didn't find solutions to implement in their companies. With this webpage we can recruit developers do create softwares for companies and for home users and distribute them as GPL.

I want to call it Fedora-Extras-BR, it this ok?

What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Menezes