[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Linuxfest Northwest 2006

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 28 21:45:40 UTC 2006

>  If more regions coordinated festivals like
> this more people would get that wonderful community feel for the Linux
> industry instead of the corporate shankjob that LWCE is now.

Well whaddya know, I've been working with a few people on possibly
creating something similar in NYC called "Metro Linux Fest" or some
derivative.  So far we have gone over tons of things and pretty much all
that is left to figure out is the cash of it.  We are sure though we can
find a few large name sponsors in NYC like google, citicorp, ibm etc. so
we are well on our way.

I'll be sure to keep you posted. If anyone is interested in doing
something like this somewhere in another region of the country, let me
know, maybe we can work together.

Jack