[Ambassadors] FreeMedia India Distribution Backlash

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 3 06:01:29 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, Santosh Kumar <santosh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Sorry for not being clear. I would like to have a Shipment Tracking system
> where the ambassadors would have to  mention the date of actual shipment.
> First of all, the current method of just a acknowledgement mail gives us no
> actual detail if the  Request was really shipped on time or not!
> --
> Santosh

Please note this is a volunteer program not run by a commercial business vendor.
Therefore, we have no resources to set up another Tracking System
similar to Ubuntu people does. We're doing our best to fulfill Free
Media Requests as much as we can and as fast as we can.

I understand Fedora Free Media Program India is running short on hands
due to overwhelming requests from India. I would like to take this
opportunity to join and participate in this program more *actively*

We have more than enough 25 Fedora Ambassadors in India[1] yet only
handful of Ambassadors are accepting requests in India[2].

I even offered a Fedora T-Shirt to whom will accept at least 5
requests from the queue. Please ask yourself when was the last time
you actually give something back to the community?

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryAmbassadorsIndia
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/India
--
Thomas Chung