[Fedora-ambassadors-list] suggestions for an ambassador newbie.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 1 04:42:03 UTC 2006

Michael J Knox wrote:

>Hi everyone.
>
>I have been kind of idle, reading all the emails and taking in what
>others are doing/suggesting.
>
>I would like to ask for some advice.
>
>I live in New Zealand, in a town called Hamilton (or the Waikato). In
>general, New Zealand has very few trade shows or events that one would
>normally have a stall at etc.
>
>I do have a local LUG which I am a member of, however, I doubt they
>would appreciate a Fedora talk every month (considering the huge number
>of debian dev's that reside in the LUG).
>
>So, my question is, what can someone, in a small area, with little IT
>related shows/events etc do as an ambassador?
>
>At the moment, I try to post to the LUG's mailing list when Fedora
>related news is made, things like Fedora reloaded podcasts etc etc.
>
>I am all ears and keen for suggestions.

The important thing is to provide presentations that show unique value.
Fedora has quite a large number of unique features which we push
upstream in every release. Take a look at my draft presentation at
http://people.redhat.com/sundaram/Fedora-GNUnify.sxi. After I attend the
meet (which is yet unconfirmed), I will publish this in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Slides

We will prepare a presentation on FC5 for you to get started.

--
Rahul