[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Ambassadors meeting notes February 2, 14-15 UTC

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:55:02 UTC 2006

next meeting will be at 22 UTC next Thursday February 9, 2006.

(09:02:58) lxmaier has changed the topic to: Fedora Ambassadors meet
here to discuss expanding the Fedora user base | Meeting in Progress
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule

Participants:
lxmaier
JeffreyTadlock
sankarshan
sm|CPU
quaid
smohan
FrancescoUgolini
BobJensen
gregdek
[sasquatch]
JoseTarazona
Prudhvi
kevinverma

1 Review upcoming events
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents

Jan 31 - Feb 2, 2006 Solutions Linux 2006 Paris, France – Aurelien Bompard
Aurelien is at the show and not here in the meeting; he has
coordinated with one of the Fedora developers who will be at the Red
Hat booth to help him distribute DVDs, so we have all three days
covered as it looks

Feb 4-5, 2006 GNUify Pune, India .
http://gnunify.sicsr.ac.in/index.php – Rahul Sundaram
mether: rejected at the last minute for unknown reasons! I am
attending the meet anyway

Feb 8-10, 2006 LinuxAsia/FUDCon Delhi 2006 New Delhi India – Rahul
Sundaram, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConDelhi2006
Sankarshan: Things are under control
Rahul: I have to prepare my presentations. that would happen in the weekend
The DVDs have arrived, and the t-shirts too

Feb 11-12, 2006 SCALE 4X Los Angeles, California, USA – Thomas Chung
tchung was not here to report

Feb 14-17, 2006 LinuxWorld Conference & Expo Mexico Mexico City, Mexico
has no owner
BobJensen: Mexico City, I talked to a buddy in MC about it and he
expressed interest. We are going to talk about him becoming an
ambassador tomorrow night. I will have him email you and/or the list
if he has any questions

Feb 14-16, 2006 Embedded World Nürnberg, Germany
no owner
Nürnberg is quite far from here, but che is in Munich. maybe he is
interested. he registered as Amabassador some weeks ago. thl will ping
him.

Feb 15-17, 2006 Open Source World Conference II Málaga, Spain
we have no ambassador in spain so far.
does anyone know someone in spain to recruit them as ambassadors?
[sasquatch] will be pinging the Red Hat folks in Spain, then he will
report to the list when he's heard back from the spanish red hatters.

Feb 24-26, 2006 PyCon 2006 Addison, TX, USA
no owner

Feb 25, 2006 Fedora Day The first day in The Netherlands to promote
Fedora and to support new users. Hengelo (GLD), The Netherlands
ThijsHulshof
Thijs not present

Feb 25-26, 2006 FOSDEM The sixth Free and Open source Software
Developers' European Meeting in Brussel -Belgium-
http://www.fosdem.org/2006 FredericHornain
fred is not present

Mar 16-18, 2006 Free Desktop Event http://www.desktoplivre.org.br
MauricioPretto (?)
mauricio pretto is not present

Mar 28-30, 2006 LWCE Australia Sydney:
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com.au/ DavidBarzilay
barz is not present as well

Apr 3-6, 2006 LWCE Boston Boston, MA, USA:
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12BOS06A -- will be right
before FUDCon Boston 2006 MatthewMiller
Matthew not present

Apr 7, 2006 FUDCon Boston 2006 Boston, MA, USA: Sequel to the first FUDCon
gregdek has a meeting with Jack today. Jack's working on a call for
presentations and so forth. We've got space set aside at BU; that part
is all set. So we're moving forward there.

Apr 19-22, 2006 FISL 7.0 Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. 7th
International Free Software Forum. RodrigoPadula MauricioPretto
Rodrigo and Mauricio both not present

Prudhvi: Hi, we have a FOSS meeting here in Vijaywada in June, the
Date is Tentative and I will represent Fedora. Will post the event to
the Events page

Linuxtag at Wiesbaden, Germany GeroldKassube
neither chitlesh nor gerold are present

Schwag pipeline
gregdek: Completed designs are due by tomorrow. The US coolstuff store
will be no problem. Still working with EMEA and AP coolstuff stores.
The Ambassador request form needs to be altered so they are requesting
kits. Not a la carte items.
What's in the kit: A few shirts, a bunch of hats, a bunch of stickers,
pens, as much as $100 will buy. Posters aren't working out for this
timeframe.

Funding for attendance
lxmaier: FAMSCO is discussing the basic requirements for ambassadors
to fulfill to be considered eligible for reimbursement. we have been
talking about this on the famsco list and will post our draft to the
ambassadors list when it's ready.

Standard Presentation for Fedora Ambassadors
mether: I will own a standard presentation then. delivered in two
weeks . I already spend hours on creating the GNUNify presentation
which can work out as a standard one.
--
Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org