[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Education

Hornain Frederic Frederic.Hornain at GB.BE
Thu Feb 2 22:58:08 UTC 2006

Dear all,

FYI, as ambassador I went to close computers engineering schools in order to evangelize principals, teachers, students.
And even if someones thinks that it is impossible mission to change mentality due to schools policies, I have managed to convinced someones to let students installs Fedora on few school's computers in order to make Educational Open Source Projects.
Ok, it not a lot but it is better than nothing, friends.

Now, I have talked with a principal about "Fedora Education" and "Red Hat Academy", he was intersted by the both and for the "Red Hat Academy" part he has contacted Mr Barbosa from Red Hat EMEA.
So, I have send him an email in order to let him know what is the purpose of "Fedora Education" and the fact that this program is not a concurrent one but rather a complementary one.

Now, even if Fedora must be independant I think we should have more interaction with Red Hat people cause the aim is the same .

Thanks for reading

if you have any suggestions, remarks, feel free to contact me.
Best Regards Guys.
Fred