[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Solutions Linux

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Fri Feb 3 15:17:02 UTC 2006

Hello y'all

So, Solutions Linux is over. It was a pretty good event. There were fewer
people on the last day, and I didn't see reactions very diffrent from the
day before.

The president of my LUG told me that if I can get goodies through the
Ambassadors program, they are very much appreciated at install parties.
Like "If you choose to install Fedora, you get a free pen, cap,
tshirt, ...". Can we order schwag for install parties, and not only for
larger events ?

I've also met someone from Red Hat France (W. Hoffmann) who is interrested
in organizing events together. We'll see what comes out of that, I'll keep
you informed.

I've attached to this mail the presentation I used for the event. It's
heavily based on previous slides, and it's in french. I can translate it to
english if you want, but you'd better double-check it for mistakes before
using it then.
If you think it can be useful, I'll post it on the wiki, but I don't know if
we can post non-english slides on wiki/Marketing/Slides

I've also attached my modified template for business cards. A few things
about it :
 - it's scaled for "Canson 4567-600" business cards paper.
 - I've added "http://fedoraproject.org" under the logo, but it's not in the
same font as the logo itself. Pretty close though : the "a" is different
and the end of the lines are not rounded, but it's barely noticeable at
such a size. The font I used is URW Gothic.
 - if some OpenOffice guru knows how I can automatically or manually
propagate a change in the first card to the other ones on the sheet, I'm
all ears. I guess that would involve macros, but why not.

I could post them on the wiki too, but I'd rather wait for a way to have the
website name in the same font as the logo.

Hope you find that useful.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"Backups are for wimps. Real men upload their work to an ftp server
and have everybody mirror it." -- Linus Torvalds