[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedora Free Media Project

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 3 22:13:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:14:32 +0100, Mikael Jacobsson wrote

> Ubuntu ships cds free all over the world to any one who wants it. The
> deliverytime is a bit slow. Its produced cds where you get one install
> cd and one livecd...
> I feel that we in the Fedora community needs to start making Fedora
> avaible in more ways. We really need a working and complete livecd for
> either download och shipping.

I've been thinking about this for a while. I think I would like to initiate a new
project beginning FC5 release date.

I'm going to call it "Fedora Free Media Project" and I'm going to start distributing
DVDs for free anyone who wants in US for now.

Yes, I'll burn myself and I'll send them myself.  Of course, I'm not a millionaire like
Ubuntu Founder, Mr. Shuttleworth but I think I can afford to send 5 or 6 DVDs a week.

I'll start putting my idea on a wiki and I welcome anyone who like to help me on this
project.

Thomas Chung