[Fedora-ambassadors-list] About Fedora Promotion in Universities/Schools

अभिषेक सिंह aks.abhishek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:11:26 UTC 2006

Dear All,
               Sorry for being inactive for a long time; it was because I
was having my semester examinations.
                    About promoting Fedora in Nepal, I thought of
universities and schools as the starters and ideal implementation centres.
Hence I planned to first implement in my own university(Kathmandu
University, Dhulikhel, Nepal); as a result of which we are running Fedora
Core and Red Hat on our computer laboratory at the university. Moreover, we
have already organized training sessions to facililate Windows users to work
on Fedora so as to promote "Migration to Linux".
                       In the same way, I'm planning to propose other
universities and colleges of the nation to adopt Fedora, and organize
necessary events (may be training sessions, Seminars, Demonstration Classes
etc). I also like the idea of availing Fedora at the library. That will
really help students move towards Fedora (Live CDs + User Guide could be a
good option).
                                  I'm seeking for opinions and suggestions
of promoting Fedora in a country like Nepal (Maybe some of the Indian
Ambassadors could help me, as Nepal being their neighbour).

Thankyou.

Regards
Abhishek Singh