[Fedora-ambassadors-list] About Promotion of fedora in universities

अभिषेक सिंह aks.abhishek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 17:39:37 UTC 2006

Dear Sankarshan,
                          Thankyou for your advice. It's with prior consent
of the Department of Computer Sciene & Engg, and its faculties members, we
have installed linux (fedora, redhat & ubuntu) in our computer lab, as well
as library. The whole department is in support of us. Moreover, we also
organise short sessions for introducing fedora and redhat to the students.
We have kept different distros of linux to let students experience the
differece, benefits and demerits of the different distros. Hence creating a
compartive evaluation system just to judge Fedora. We still have some of the
windows machines, and it is pleasing to see conscious students especially
3rd and 4th year students seldom use windows machines, and when asked, they
appreciated the freedom in programming pradigm they found on linux system
while working with their projects.

                  And that's all to let us keep working. Moreover, I look
forward for your suggestions in coming time as well.

Thank you

Regards
Abhishek Singh