[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Be a critique

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:28:57 UTC 2006

> What is the best criticisms that you can put forward on areas that Fedora needs to
> improve? How do we improve on those?

Well, I know that I'll get flamed for this, but fedora does not work on
my laptop for one reason. The battery module does work, and it often
causes the kernel to panic all together.

The fedora kernel auto loads modules of bootup, so it really can't
detect that my battery will cause a panic if you try to load it.

What I think, is it would be really cool if we could make
a /boot/kernel.banned, with a list of modules the kernel should
absolutely not try to load.

I'll think of other things that are bugging me later :)

Gja