[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Be a critique

Clair fedora at freehold.no-ip.info
Tue Feb 21 15:48:49 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
>>I have to agree with that.. a one-disc install would be nice. I noticed
>>that Debian/Ubuntu gets packages from the internet - why can't Fedora?
>> (If
>>people want the packages on CD, then I think the 4 CD pack/1 DVD is still
>>quite nice) - why can't we have both?
>>

>>Clair
>>
> Every version of Fedora has support for a network installation which
> supports http/ftp/nfs and even vnc.Anaconda has been providing this for
> a long long time. Maybe you guys could read the installation guide at
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs.

Indeed, but it's hidden in the startup options, and you have to have an
address to download from. If you aren't aware of the installation guides
out there, then you may not even be aware network installation exists.

Why can't we have the askmethod option on by default (and also a default
download site)?

Clair