[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Moving the events to the end

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 19:04:35 UTC 2006

I agree with Thomas, and I also would like to remind the group of the
mission of Ambassadors project:

"Fedora Ambassadors are people like you and me, who go to places where
other Linux users and potential converts gather and tell them about
Fedora—the project and the distribution."

This means mostly going to existing events and organizing your own. We
might need to amend the mission statement to explicitly mention the
events, but even in the current form I do not see Schwag or DVDs
taking higher priority than the events.

Do not get me wrong, both schwag and the DVDs are handy tools for the
Ambassadors to spread the goodness of Fedora to the masses, but they
are TOOLS, and as such have lower priority than the mission itself
(see above).

Also a little aside: The schwag and the DVDs have not been discussed
in the meetings at length for one and the same reason--sadly enough
there has been little to no progress in these issues since Greg last
posted to the list. It sucks, I know, and I am pushing to make things
happen. You will be among the first to know about any new
developments.

Thank you for your continuing patience, your commitment, and your
support. The day will come and this program will work like clockwork.
With your help, we are already achieving a lot more than we did before
this group was founded--even though sometimes it might not feel like
things are moving ahead quite as fast as we would like them to--and I
would like to thank you for that.

To be continued :)

Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org