[Fedora-ambassadors-list] meeting for all Ambassadors

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:10:31 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Ambassadors,(european) can come to promote Fedora during this event,
> hence the Steering Community might help use financially.

Well, as much as I respect and admire your contribution to the
Ambassadors project Chitlesh and Gerold, I must disagree with you--the
first and foremost responsibility of the Steering Committee is
dispensing our budget responsibly, and flying all the regional
Ambassadors to Strasbourg might not be the wisest way to spend our
funds.

As I have already stated in the meeting, the expected budget for the
coming quarter (march-april-may 2006) will most likely be below 10.000
USD--for ALL events worldwide, ALL schwag, ALL booth space, ALL
travel.

I understand how much of a morale improvement such a regional
get-together may effect, but shall we do this at the expense of our
core mission? I think no.

Regards,
Alex