[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedora Mirrors

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:21:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 19:41 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> Well, I somehow don't like this. It will leak if the information is
> posted publicly, specially if it's a torrent. My recommendation is
> somehow making sure people can only access it with, say, their Fedora
> account system account, if they are in certain groups.

Well, even now, the ISO are distributed to various mirrors a few days
early. I'm not sure how this happens, but I think that at this point the
ambassadors can get it.

I think it is given that some form of authentication will be required to
ensure that it is not leaked.

Also, I suggest NOT mailing this details to the list, but rather to the
ambassadors personally. This will aid in not having the torrent URL
leaked.

Anyway, there are many ways to ensure security

Gja