[Fedora-ambassadors-list] First Fedora workshop in Pakistan.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 15:35:00 UTC 2006

Nayyar Ahmed wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I have just joined Fedora Ambassador group, I am really pleased with
>you people efforts, I am a true lover of Open Source, I have been
>working to promote Linux/Open Source in different plate forms in
>Pakistan, but after becoming Fedora Ambassador i have decide to go for
>a workshop on Fedora, the expected audience is a 12 grade school
>students, where mostly students are using MS-windows, I will conduct a
>one day workshop (about 8 hrs.) and will first let them know Open
>Source and GPL, while after it my aim will be to tell them howto basic
>usage of Fedora. Expected audience strength will be around 50
>students. For a success full workshop I need following support:
>
>1. A pre-defined agenda for Fedora Workshop (if exists)

We are planning a Fedora workshop in LinuxAsia - Delhi, India but the
details are still under discussion. When its finalized I could post to
the list about it.

>2. ppt, version slides on Open Source and Fedora. (if i can get
>official version).

There isnt any standard version yet though thats under progress. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Slides for the previous and
proposed slides. My current draft is available at
http://people.redhat.com/sundaram/Fedora.sxi

>3. Fedora DVDs (if Alix help me :) )

Depending on the dates you might have to burn this yourself this time.
Ambassadors as earlier posted on the list don't get immediate access to
shwag with exceptions based on previous contributions.

>4. I have plan to submit the detail report on this workshop, including
>photos etc. Is there any repository for uploading this kind of event
>reports, so that it can be included in Fedora Project official news.

The slides page would be good enough.  There is also
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/News which is automatically pulled into
the frontpage - http://fedoraproject.org. Also you can mail Thomas
chung, one of the Fedora ambassadors - tchung at fedoranews.org  for your
news items to be included.

>5. Any other related material through which i can promote Fedora Project.

Presentations and shwag that you can gather is the first kickstart. We
have to create other material as appropriate in the future to form a
marketing kit. You might take this opportunity to do just that.

--
Rahul