[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedora-based Distro

Robert Whetsel rwhetsel at ravensong.com
Sat Jan 14 17:24:39 UTC 2006

Quoting REDbyte Labs <redbyte.labs at gmail.com>:

> Hi all! Some days ago I had a talk with representive of United  Nations
> Development Programme (Damir Amirov) here in Uzbekistan, they are really
> interested in Linux and OSS, and they planning to lauch a linux project by
> the end of the year. So together we had a look on existing distros and
> guessed that none matches for local users, and Damir offered to create team
> and make own distro.

1. What are the user requirements?
2. If current distros do not meet their needs; then a requirement evaluation
(Discovery) is needed, because each distro has the ability to be what the user
wants or needs.

 Sure, I offered fedora and rpm system as basis or maybe
> mandriva. It should be a 1CD distro with friendly GUI, and fully localized.
> So can we use Fedora Core 4 as basis for making National Operatning System?
> Or it would be illegal and we shouldn't do it?

3. If reinvent is the results of the Discovery then follow
http://www.linuxbase.org/

Contact me directly, this is where my company assists others in the migration
process. rwhetsel at ravensong.com

--
Cheers,

Robert C. Whetsel - CEO & Founder