[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Ambassadors only?

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 05:01:21 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 15:46 -0500, Alex Maier wrote:
> > Once again, I am the admin, and no-one joins this list without my
> > approval. Period.
>

> We have an admin?

Yes we do, as stated earlier. I monitor all subscription requests
before they get approved. As you will see on the list, from time to
time I enforce the minimal requirements.

> However, as Rahul Said, I still think that those Ambassadors who have
> not introduced themselves should be removed
>
> This is not cuz I'm really worried about press spying on us

I do not think there is a lot of danger in that. The list is private
so we can discuss without being disturbed by random people. Everything
we do is documented on wiki (or should be) and is public. We have
nothing to hide, really.

> But we may feel that we are covered in a certain region, when in fact we
> have no ambassador there.

This is a legitimate concern. We need to make sure all Ambassadors are
involved in some way and encourage more active contributions.

Cheers,