[Fedora-ambassadors-list] suggestions for an ambassador newbie.

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 20:46:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Michael J Knox wrote:

> I do have a local LUG which I am a member of, however, I doubt they
> would appreciate a Fedora talk every month (considering the huge number
> of debian dev's that reside in the LUG).

So how about a Fedora talk every six months -- like, say, when there's a
new release of Fedora Core?

> So, my question is, what can someone, in a small area, with little IT
> related shows/events etc do as an ambassador?
>
> At the moment, I try to post to the LUG's mailing list when Fedora
> related news is made, things like Fedora reloaded podcasts etc etc.
>
> I am all ears and keen for suggestions.

How about people who haven't tried Linux at all?  Do you or your LUG go
out into the community and try to convince people who haven't tried Linux
yet?

--g

Greg DeKoenigsberg || Fedora Foundation || fedoraproject.org