[Ambassadors] Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] FWN Column

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 9 22:30:00 UTC 2006

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> NOTE: Followup set to fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com
> Fedora Weekly News, in association with the Fedora Documentation
> Project, is soon to start a new regular column devoted to giving answers
> to common user problems.  The result would be similar to "Ask Shadowman"
> in Red Hat Magazine -- somewhat like a weekly FAQ, with the significant
> difference being that it's completely Fedora-centric, and we have the
> ability to be a bit more current through dipping into the input stream
> in real time.

Sorry I couldnt respond to this while the earlier discussion came up but
  if we are starting a column, we should be expanding the scope of it a
bit more. "Ask Shadowman" is useful because it doesnt limit the column
to merely tech support questions. We can ask things like say " Why
should I switch from Slackware to one of the Red Hat products" and still
get an answer.

So in my opinion we are better off renaming the column as "Ask Fedora"
or something like that and let the community ask whatever they want to.
I was about to start my own blog series
(http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/008505.html) or 108
community "Ask Rahul" and get all the glory but I will sacrifice that
now for the greater cause.