[Ambassadors] Sponsored Media

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 14 08:42:51 UTC 2006

On 7/14/06, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any good ideas for publicizing their capabilites?

I was thinking about when sending a dvd to someone , Let's Mr A., we
ask Mr. A to make a free copy of the DVD for his lug .

Why?
(publicity) - When Mr A will give and inform the lug that others can
copy the DVD (as it is ofcourse), he will talk about Fedora to the
others in the lug.

(building communities) - let's say that three members of the lug
copied and tried Fedora, they will talk more about Fedora on the lug's
ML and meetings, whether technical or their expericiences. Possibly
this will increase the chance of creating Fedora Users Group in local
linux communities. When there will be linux events in their cities,
perhaps they will participate as Fedora Ambassadors. Hence more chance
of having more man power for Fedora on FedoraEvents.

How can we realise it ?
During his request to FreeMedia, he verifies whether his lug is listed
on a page and if listed he will ask the lug directly. Then MrA
receives the DVD quickly. and less work for FreeMedia project. We can
even use this as an option during the request.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com