[Ambassadors] Fedora Screencasting Project - once again

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:31:51 UTC 2006

Pawel,

I like the idea, and I think it is great that you have made the first
step and created a prototype.

I think video tutorials really have potential in teaching less
technical users to perfom basic tasks on their machines and taking the
fear away that you need to use command line all the time if you work
under Linux.

Let's start a list of simple tutorials we need to cover, all in videos
under 3 minutes duration:

- install fedora
- install new software package
- remove package
- configure network (wired)
- confgure network (wireless)
-
-
-

Folks, please help fill in the blanks! :)

When we have the list, Pawel can share his know-how in producing these
demo videos and we can divvy up the work and knock them out one by
one. Just make sure the sound quality is a bit better in the ones we
release.

Cheers,

On 7/20/06, Pawel Sadowski <mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sending this e-mail again, cos nobody has responde. Maybe it's
> because it is a bad idea, I don't know... maybe it was lost in tons of
> mails... :) Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could give me a
> feedback on this :>
>
> I have an idea for a new project in the Fedora World. It would be called
> Fedora Screencasting, as in the topic :) We would prepare movies with
> presentations how to do particular tasks in Fedora Core. Someting like
> Red Hat's Linux is Easy. I have prepared the examplary movie, you can
> get it at: http://republika.pl/mcgiwer/video.ogg. The videos would be in
> the .ogg format. We could also prepare e.g. flash or .avi animations to
> play directly from the website. I think it would be much helpful for new
> Fedora users. We could also prepare localized versions for different
> languages, I think it would not be many work and there would be people
> willing to do it :)
>
> I am waiting for your opinions. If you think it is a good idea, I will
> prepare a Wiki page at http://fedoraproject.org and let's start! :)
>

> Regards,
> Pawel Sadowski

Open Video Contest