[Ambassadors] Fedora Screencasting Project - once again

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 19:54:52 UTC 2006

>> I am sending this e-mail again, cos nobody has responde. Maybe it's
>> because it is a bad idea, I don't know... maybe it was lost in tons of
>> mails... :) Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could give me a
>> feedback on this :>

I just downloaded and watched your video Pawel, and I'm very impressed.  I
love it when someone *take action* to make something happen, and this
video is a perfect example.

It's a great prototype -- Rahul had some suggestions about size or speed,
or whatever, but those are just details of the program that was used.  I
think it's a great example of how we can build a library of videos that
can teach people Fedora.

The key, in my opinion, is to talk slowly, and very clearly, in whatever
language you are using, so that people can understand what is being said
as easily as possible.

I'd love to see you work on this more, and integrate with the
ScreenCasting page that's already up on the wiki.  It's good stuff.

My recommendation -- take Alex's list of topics that she started, and
let's make a few videos using the fc6-test1 or -test2 install, so that we
can have some video tutorials to roll out on the same day as fc6 -- we can
link to them off of the redhat.com/fedora page, and off of fp.o, and add
it to the "Tours" videos that already exist.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack