[Ambassadors] Fedora Screencasting Project - once again

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Thu Jul 20 20:15:37 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 20 juillet 2006 à 21:15 +0200, Pawel Sadowski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am sending this e-mail again, cos nobody has responde. Maybe it's
> because it is a bad idea, I don't know... maybe it was lost in tons of
> mails... :) Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could give me a
> feedback on this :>
>
> I have an idea for a new project in the Fedora World. It would be called
> Fedora Screencasting, as in the topic :) We would prepare movies with
> presentations how to do particular tasks in Fedora Core. Someting like
> Red Hat's Linux is Easy. I have prepared the examplary movie, you can
> get it at: http://republika.pl/mcgiwer/video.ogg. The videos would be in
> the .ogg format. We could also prepare e.g. flash or .avi animations to
> play directly from the website. I think it would be much helpful for new
> Fedora users. We could also prepare localized versions for different
> languages, I think it would not be many work and there would be people
> willing to do it :)
>
> I am waiting for your opinions. If you think it is a good idea, I will
> prepare a Wiki page at http://fedoraproject.org and let's start! :)
>

> Regards,
> Pawel Sadowski

What I made several months ago :

http://mrtomlinux.org/pub/

From a technical point of view, I think that chosing ogg will prevent
users to have easy access to the video. I'm not talking about Linux
users, but about windows users, that these video would help to convince
of the ease of use of some distributions.

Flash is not free and requieres a plug-in.

Gif image format is not free, no more patented and supported by all web
browser. The easier to use. However, we will lack sound.

Cheers,
--
Thomas Canniot
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasCanniot