[Ambassadors] French Fedora Ambassadors -- Meeting Minutes

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Tue Jul 25 11:34:26 UTC 2006

Here is the meeting minutes for our meeting which took place on July,
23th.

Also avaiblable from the wiki :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings/FrenchTeam/06-07-23

Several topics were discussed :

1) Day and time of the meetings
2) Working language
3) Mailing list
4) Local organisation
5) Local e-shop
6) Free Media Project
7) fedora-france.org domain name and wiki

1) The French team decided to hold its future meetings every Sunday,
6.30 pm UTC.

2) The working language will remain French - communicating with local
users is the team primary goal and that won't be accomplished by
switching to English. A short English decision summary will be provided
to FAMSCO evey week. (Approved for publication by the team at most 48h
after each meeting)
Also « I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food
trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a
hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. »

3) The team decides to ask the infrastructure project for a dedicated
mailing list to help coordinating activities.

4) The decision to create a legal entity in the eyes of French law was
postponed. Creating a non-profit entity has obvious advantages
(accounting of the money spent on marketing material...) but would
require more work.

5) Plans to create an e-shop to facilitate distribution of
Fedora-related marketing material (CDs, DVDs, T-shirts) were discussed.
Possible business partners are http://www.spreadshirt.net and
http://www.ikarios.com/

6) It was decided to strengthen advertisement about the Free Media
Project on the local wiki to help people who can't download the distro
getting Fedora Core.

7) Concerns were raised over the fedora-france.org domain name. It's
held by the company of a former member, who doesn't seem willing to
relinquish it. Also since the project is about French-speaking users,
not French people, the current naming is not ideal. Decision was taken
to re-contact the current owner while trying to find a better name.
At last, decision was taken to put forward how to contribute on our
local wiki.

The next meeting will be held on July 20th at 6.30 pm UTC on
#fedora-mktg-fr (freenode)

--
Thomas Canniot
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasCanniot