[Ambassadors] Volunteers Required from India

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 26 16:26:09 UTC 2006

Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 21:01 +0530, Rohan Dighe wrote:
>> Count Me in !!! Just get some guidelines, tell us what to do !!!
>
> Yeah, I'm in as well.
>
> I've been a bit quiet on the list recently, so this is my first post in
> AGES. :P
>
> Anyway, I'm just wondering... in India we already have a VERY efficient
> method of distributing Fedora/Linux.

Its pretty limited actually. In cities it might be a efficient method.
Even then there are places like Mumbai where the LUG activity is
comparatively less compared to Bangalore, Delhi, Calcutta or Chennai.

> Through our LUGs. All the major cities have them, and I'm wondering if
> we should somehow harness this. Like keep a `vault` of Fedora CDs with a
> representative in each LUG.

We should probably have a bunch of CD's provided to major LUG's
(assuming we have ambassadors on these plaecs) on new releases and
harness them as a distribution point but we can't solely rely on that
solely.

Rahul