[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Weekly Reminder for Fedora Ambassadors

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Thu Jun 1 17:38:34 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 01 juin 2006 à 21:59 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:23 +0000, Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
> > I get you point.
> >
> > I asked this because I know a lot of users in Brazil that work today
> > to promote Fedora here, wanna join Ambassadors Group but they don't
> > speak English.
>
> If you can act as a contact point and they are active in the community,
> then it might not be a big limitation. If we have a strong Brazilian
> community that can do things independently while keeping track of the
> information flowing through the project thats a good thing.
> >
> > Sometimes this is a limitation, but this fact is really importante in
> > my point of view.
> >
> > If you wanna join an Project in English, with all instructions and
> > discussions in English, at least you need to read/write English.
>
> Right. I would want the people involved to take part in the discussions
> and lead efforts. Communities wouldnt thrive with one way
> communication.
>
> Rahul

We have the same problem in France. Many people are using Fedora and are
promoting the distribution but don't speak English at all.
We tried several things not to put these people apart, as the first
FUDCon on IRC in French only. We opened up a section in our forum for
bug reporting (an ambassador or someone speaking English would translate
and report the bug to bugzilla) or RFE. I'm also trying to blog in
French only, because the Fedora Project is a worldwide community. You
can also translate the FWN in your own language.

I think theses are little improvements we can continue to find and work
on. For example, promoting the FC6 test releases, trhough the bugzilla
and helping reporting bugs again and again.

Thomas Canniot