[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedora Stuff at Red Hat Cool Stuff Store

Pawel Sadowski mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 15 15:00:55 UTC 2006

On 15-06-2006, thu at 10:09 +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:
> Thomas Chung wrote:
> > On 6/14/06, Thomas Canniot <thomas.canniot at laposte.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe, but RH seems to be the *only* American store that have such high
> >> shipping costs.
> >

> > Please note this store[1] is not *owned* by Red Hat but *owned and
> > run* by Brandfuel[2].
> > So it's not fair to blame Red Hat which they might not have the
> > control over shipping cost.
> > Regards,
> >
> > [1] http://redhat.brandfuelstores.com/
> > [2] http://www.brandfuel.com/
>
> Perhaps those of us that are not happy with the shipping costs can
> contact brandfuel and request they review their shipping costs.
>
> Michael

Yeah, I agree with you all guys. Some time ago I wanted to buy some Red
Hat Cool Stuff, but the shipping cost was "quite expensive", more
expensive than the stuff itself. It indeed can be a good idea to suggest
Red Hat changing of the shop owner.

On 15-06-2006, thu at 00:13:14 +0200, Thomas Canniot
> Even if it reimbursed, I can't afford such an expense. My local lug
> ordered home made t-shirts and I really can't afford such an amount of
> money.

Yep, you're right. I have a question to Thomas Chung - do we have to pay
for the stuff produced locally first, and then we can be reimbursed, or
is it possible to just pay for it by reimbursed money? E.g.: Ambassador
could order the stuff at a local shop, give to you needed data and
FAMSCO could pay for it? Thomas (Canniot) is right, it is really a large
expense for a "normal guy".

Regards,
Pawel Sadowski