[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedora blogs

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Jun 19 23:24:31 UTC 2006

O/H Patrick W. Barnes έγραψε:
> I'll think you'll find that very few other contributors would want to switch
> to an alternative blogging system.  Most have already selected a
> place/technology to host their blogs and won't want to change.

This probably is true for contributors that already have a blogging system.

On the other hand, there are contributors that don't have a blog hosted
somewhere. Some of them would probably consider creating one if there
was something like a fedora blog "home" (a Planet doesn't feel like home
at all).

This blogging "home" could urge people document more what they do about
fedora. This exposure of one's work most times leads to more and
higher-quality work, increased feedback, satisfaction and happiness (ask
the fedora bloggers for confirmation ;). Consider for example the idea
that every ambassador or fedora-docs member was offered a fedora blog
and was urged to expose his/her actions.

Given the above, I would reckon that the creation of such a "hive" [1],
would probably make even already-established (eg livejournal-based)
fedora bloggers want to join this village with an address like
village.fedoraproject.org/johndoe, or johndoe.fedoravillage.org.

(Of course, advertising is out of the question in such an environment...)

-Dim

(DimitrisGlezos)

[1]: An example of such a system is wordpress.mu (multiuser), which
powers wordpress.com. It is under development, but it does power some
production sites.

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B